httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src Configuration.mpm
Date Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:17:17 GMT
yOn Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > >
> > > Just a note -- the mpm_prefork module we currently use doesn't require any
> > > pthread support... the -pthread stuff is just there because I copied the
> > > Configure from apache-apr/pthread.
> >
> > Wrong! There's a pile of mutexes'n'stuff used in it.
> Oh foo... alloc.c... I guess the mpm (eventually APR) needs to provide
> mutexes for protection within one process.

That is already in APR.  As a side note, because it kind of makes sense to
mention it now.  APR is basically done.  I have to add support for shared
memory, but mm makes that REALLY easy on *nix, and Win32 is just a few
calls.  I am also still working on abstracting out signals, but they can
wait a little while.  I believe APR will be ready to use next week

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd