httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: The lack of poll()
Date Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:49:45 GMT

When is going to be a while.  You will be best off kludg'ing in select
stuff.  When I said synch'ed for the last time, I was probbaly simplifying
things too much.  Obviously, we aren't going to stop keeping the code from
Apache-1.3 and Apache-2.0 in synch, but we will have a very hard time
doing that with one big patch after 2.0 starts using APR.  It will be much
easier to just commit each patch twice, one in 1.3 and once in 2.0.  This
is because there will be too many differences in the code.

Ryan

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > I am actually in the middle of writing the network code for APR on
> > Windows.  Windows also does not have poll, which is why I am responding to
> > this message.  I have an ap_poll implementation using select already
> > written.  When I finish the code on Windows, I will move the function over
> > to Unix and #ifdef it.  When Apache-2.0 is synch'ed for the last time, and
> > we can put apr under it, this problem goes away.
> >
> > Any problem with that solution?
>
> Sounds good. But one question: when? Now that I have a window, I don't
> want to waste it, so if its a way off, I may just kludge some select
> stuff in for now.
>
> And what do you mean "synch'ed for the last time"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html