httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: The lack of poll()
Date Thu, 10 Jun 1999 19:33:39 GMT

I am actually in the middle of writing the network code for APR on
Windows.  Windows also does not have poll, which is why I am responding to
this message.  I have an ap_poll implementation using select already
written.  When I finish the code on Windows, I will move the function over
to Unix and #ifdef it.  When Apache-2.0 is synch'ed for the last time, and
we can put apr under it, this problem goes away.

Any problem with that solution?

Ryan

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Ben Laurie wrote:

> So, I've _finally_ found the time to start looking at Apache 2.0. But, I
> fall at the first hurdle. FreeBSD 2.2.8, my development platform of
> circumstance, if not choice (probably, given a free hand, that would be
> FreeBSD 3.2), doesn't support poll().
>
> >From what I've seen so far, I can easily work around that with select(),
> but how do we want to play this, really?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html