httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: APR: detached threads?
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 21:12:48 GMT

> Also, the APR thread interface assumes that a thread has a return value but
> that's not the case in OS/2 (and Win32 if I remember right). Do we make use
> of it anywhere?

I suggest always returning APR_SUCCESS when the thread returns.  That will
just mean that the thread returned becaseu we told it to.  If the OS
doesn't return a error condition, we shouldn't worry about it.  If the OS
doesn't allow for detached threads, we need to know this, because the
current hybrid model relies on detached threads.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd