httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread mpmt_pthread.h Makefile.tmpl acceptlock.c acceptlock.h http_accept.c mpmt_pthread.c scoreboard.c
Date Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:30:45 GMT

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Hmmm, but, we could just scan the pollfd array like we scan the
> listener linked list, and save the last index checked. In fact, this
> would work for the prefork model (which uses select instead of poll)
> too, right?

Yup.

Although I'm not going to suggest we change the prefork model to use
poll... I want prefork to be a least common denominator amongst unixes,
and poll just isn't there a lot of the time.

> BTW, I tried switching the listener linked list stuff in the pthread
> MPM to match that from the current prefork MPM, and it didn't work. I
> think there's a logic error in the prefork's version, but I played
> with so many different permutations of the logic that I don't remember
> what the specific problem was.

Ben committed a fix.  (At the moment I'm only lightly testing things I'm
committing, because I think structure is more important early on in this
design...)

Dean