httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread mpmt_pthread.h Makefile.tmpl acceptlock.c acceptlock.h http_accept.c mpmt_pthread.c scoreboard.c
Date Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:16:05 GMT

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> For your use of poll() I'm not sure why you need the index actually...
> don't you just need to set up an array of pollfds, and all the info you
> need is in struct pollfd ?  The fd is there...

BTW manoj, in 1.3, the complex "ring of listeners", and "last_lr" stuff is
mostly for the prefork model I think.  I'm not sure you need it for your
stuff, you'll have to be the judge.

The problem I was avoiding was starvation of any single socket... which
can easily happen in the prefork model.  Whereas in some threaded models
you're going to scan the entire list of sockets each time select/poll
returns... which is another way to ensure fairness.

Dean