httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src Configuration.mpm
Date Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:07:25 GMT
Just a note -- the mpm_prefork module we currently use doesn't require any
pthread support... the -pthread stuff is just there because I copied the
Configure from apache-apr/pthread.

The direciton I think this config stuff should go is like this:

Create:

src/mpm/prefork/
src/mpm/mpmt/         (or whatever manoj decides the name is)
src/mpm/pthread_ash/  (the one I'm working on)
src/mpm/sigwait/      (based on Zach Brown's sigwait stuff on linux)

Those should be like module directories, such as modules/proxy/ ... and
the mpm modules should include a configstart/end script which modifies the
link parameters appropriately for what that mpm requires.  Such as adding
pthread support.

A new config directive, maybe mpm?  like so:

# choose one, the default is one which is considered to have the best
# feature/performance ratio for your platform
mpm default
#mpm prefork      # force the prefork, similar to apache-1.3, model
#mpm mpmt
#mpm pthread_ash
#mpm sigwait

I'd really appreciate it if one of the config gurus did that  :)  Thanks.

Dean