httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/main iol_unix.c Makefile.tmpl buff.c http_connection.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
Date Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:26:42 GMT
Another odd thought -- suppose we had a mux protocol (a la http/ng).  The
buffer_list mechanism would seem to be the best solution for that...
because you'll be aggregating multiple sources in some arbitrary order,
tacking on mux headers, and passing them through to the next lower layer.

Maybe I should just implement the zero-copy stuff and we can see how it
goes?  I'll take a stab at it.

Dean

p.s. mux would be rad, and now that there's an open source client... we
don't really have to wait for http/ng ... but i digress ;)