httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: The lack of poll()
Date Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:16:14 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Sounds good. But one question: when? Now that I have a window, I don't
> want to waste it, so if its a way off, I may just kludge some select
> stuff in for now.

kludge some select stuff in.  If you've got time to work it's better for
you to do something productive than wait for any sort of completion of any
portable runtime project.  No offense Ryan, but it has been 14 months
since my pthreads port of Apache, and I'm just tired of waiting for the
mythical uber portable runtime that will save the day.

Or take a look at the eventlib which comes with bind 8.x -- I used it in
that prototype I did a few weeks ago.  It's a clean library, and
select/poll differences can be hidden behind it.

Dean