httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 02:28:03 GMT

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >

> > I feel like such an idiot.  4 out of 68 failed releases.  Obviously this
> > is a very critical topic that deserves our immediate attention.
> >
> Does tagging a source tree take a lot of resources or anything
> like that?

Does re-opening religious debates take a lot of resources or anything like
that?  If Ken has trouble with this issue I direct him to the archives
where one can find another dozen or two debates on the same topic.

Our stupid voting system just promotes this sort of crap -- "I didn't get
my way last time, maybe I can re-open this topic, and maybe fewer people
will be paying attention and I can slip it through".  That's the feeling I

Have a nice week.

> I have no idea. If it doesn't, then IMO it doesn't
> "cost" much to be conservative and tag things like 1.3.7fc1
> or the like "just in case." Sure, it's not like we're skipping
> releases left and right, but it's never to late to be
> paranoid :) :) :)
> --
>    Jim Jagielski   |||   |||
>             "That's no ordinary rabbit... that's the most foul,
>             cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever laid eyes on"

View raw message