httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:30:43 GMT
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Ben Hyde wrote:
> >
> > Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org> writes:
> >
> > > I kinda like skipping versions though :)
> > >
> > > Dean
> >
> > +1 - ben
>
> -1.  It makes us look like idiots, and it's pointless to go
> through the firedrill if it's easily avoided.  Which it is.

Yeah, if you hadn't committed the PassAllEnv patch in the last few hours
before 1.3.5 we could have easily avoided the problem you're complaining
about.  Obviously our numbering rules are at fault.

I read CHANGES, we've had to toss four versions -- 1.3.5, 1.2.2, 1.2b9,
and 0.5.3.

% grep ^Changes CHANGES | wc
     68     293    2041

I feel like such an idiot.  4 out of 68 failed releases.  Obviously this
is a very critical topic that deserves our immediate attention.

Dean