httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: sigalrm and such
Date Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:41:00 GMT

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Do you have any idea why the "stuck" processes would ignore all the
> signals? I would imagine some part of the code is setting the signals to
> be ignored, but then not resetting them back to as they were.

My suspicion is that it's not apache screwing up the signals, but rather
something else...  that's a wild guess though.

If you could try with that SIGUSR2 patch I just removed (I didn't intend
to commit it, it's been in since may 1) ... that'd be cool.  Although I
can't imagine why it'd hurt.

When you say 1.3.6 works, do you mean a fresh 1.3.6 that you compile today
works?  One possibility is that you've upgraded your C libraries or C
compiler in between compiling 1.3.6 and 1.3.7-dev...

Dean