httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Head's up
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:28:43 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Just a head's up. I'm working on some improvements to the
> Configure process and how it implements modules. Basically,
> I'm looking at a technique that will allow almost anything to
> be considered a "module" (such as the expat lib, for example).
> Mainly it's for 2.0/apr but could be useful for 1.3.7/1.4.0
> (although I wouldn't hold it for that). No matter what, it'll
> be such that it extends what we have, not replaces it...

Well... if it fits in with autoconf and can handle all the functionality
of the old, then I'd say we torch the old. Why have two ways to do the
same thing? Just adds to the overall complexity.

Of course, we'd like third-party module to not require many changes, but
I'll happily monkey with the expat-lite directory to conform to new stuff
if we can simplify the configure/build process.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/