httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/main iol_unix.c Makefile.tmpl buff.c http_connection.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
Date Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:51:36 GMT
On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> But I'll admit I don't think there are any clients that actually
> pipeline.  And it's only a problem when responses are smaller than
> 1.25k or so.
>
> Any thoughts?

DAV clients are "required" to use HTTP/1.1. As a result, they (can) make
use of pipelining. Three clients are IE5, Office 2000, and Joe Orton's
sitecopy. I don't know how many actually pipeline, but I am pretty sure
the MSFT ones do, and guess that sitecopy does. I can verify for you, if
you want me to.

Cheers,
-g

--