httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: apr and 2.0 ??
Date Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:58:49 GMT
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> My wish list for 2.0 pretty much is in line with Bill's, with one minor
> change.  On any platform that supports it, I would like the hybrid mpm to
> be the default.  I think the hybrid server is a big enough win that it is
> worth it.  And, I think the mpm changes allow us to put asynch I/O into
> 2.1 without any problem.  I just want to see 2.0 released soon, becuase I
> think if we wait too long, we will never release it.

We've waited over three years, we can stand to wait a little more...
Seriously, I just had a flashback to 1997, recalling the good laugh I was
having over the thought of an Apache 2000. I mean, really, we'd planned to
have 2.0 out by December 1996. Heck, we even had a good chunk of the code
written (rst's apache-XX). There's no way it would take *another* three
years. Only Microsoft has those kind of release schedules (note that
Windows 2000 nee NT 5.0 was also supposed to be released in late 1996).

Ironic, huh?

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>
Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <http://www.apache.org/> *