httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/mpm/src/os/unix iol_socket.c iol_socket.h Makefile.tmpl
Date Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:46:51 GMT
On 24 Jun 1999 wrote:

>   I think this is a better i/o layer interface.

>   +/* it is expected that each io layer will extend this structure as they
>   +    require; they must only ensure that the methods pointer remains in
>   +    the indicated position. */
>    struct ap_iol {
>   -    void *iol_data;
>        const ap_iol_methods *methods;
>    };

You know, I really don't mean to troll, but aren't there are other C-like
languages that are really much better at this sort of thing? Perhaps this
is a good time to at least seriously think about C++ (or a small subset of
it), one more time. So much of the Apache API, past, present and future,
would benefit from having easily available inheritance and polymorphism
that I think it may very well be worth the hassle. Maybe.

Oh, and hi again, folks!

Alexei Kosut <> <>
Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <> *

View raw message