httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@steam.com>
Subject Re: sigalrm and such
Date Thu, 03 Jun 1999 09:32:00 GMT

Greg -

Is the system paging alot?  I've seen solaris get really stuck (yep, solaris
bugs) trying to handle lots of paging while signal are being thrown around.
I've never tracked this too far since when I see a system like that I
usually add more memory and/or drop maxclients. :)

The fact the 2.7 was giving you panics might also hint that something is
stressed in the system.  Check that your maxclients setting is not too high
for your memory, some poorly written CGIs can also grab huge hunks of
memory and start the server paging.

Cliff

--
Cliff Skolnick          | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
Steam Tunnel Operations |  a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty