httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Moving the mpm files from modules/mpm_whatever to modules/mpm/whatever
Date Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:33:53 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >

> > Do not do 1.4.0.  Do not.  Do not.  Do not.
> >
> > There is no sense in it.  There is no new and great quantities of untested
> > code that will break things going into the server.  If there were changes
> > of a nature that would dictate going to 1.4.x, then it would require a
> > fair amount of development time between the last 1.3.x release and 1.4.x,
> > a fair number of 1.4 betas, etc.  I don't see that here.  Doing 1.4.0 for
> > no good reason will either be a farce or just delay everything further.
> >

> I think the EAPI patch, if it's commited, would warrant such a change.

If you think it is the case that the EAPI patch warrants such a change,
then you are saying that it is a major thing that has a high probability
of introducing bugs in unrelated things and requires a significant
investment to get to a point where it is ready for a release.

If it is such a thing, then I really have to question how wise it is to
try to just slip it in and exactly what the reasons are for doing so.