httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject RAW_ARGS and memory allocation
Date Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:24:48 GMT
Something like the following:

  { "AuthName", set_string_slot, (void*)XtOffsetOf(core_dir_config, auth_name),
      OR_AUTHCFG, RAW_ARGS, "The authentication realm (e.g. \"Members Only\")"

Doesn't work any more AFAIK.  The reason is that RAW_ARGS things have
to make their own copy of the string.

Is that correct?  While the solution to make the above work is
pretty simple, that isn't very backwards compatible is it?

(yea, I have a server I'm upgrading to 1.3 and we really do have to
support the old style AuthName, since we have two zillion user .htaccess
files using unquoted strings and we can't change them)