httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: trailing '/' redirects from requested port to port 80 ?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:43:40 GMT
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Rob Hartill wrote:
>

> > I'm back... for a minute :-)
> >
> > Is there a config option to tell Apache to perform trailing '/' redirects
> > on port 80 even though requests are coming in on another port ?.
>
> Just use the Port directive.
>
> Use a Listen directive to tell Apache what port to listen on, and a Port
> directive to tell it what port to think it is listening on.

I was doing that and it didn't work. I have virtual hosts that have to
be told that their requests come in on port 4000 and they then trigger
Apache to send out the redirects with with :4000 tagged on.

That method works without virtual hosts, but no combination of
configs I tried would let me have working vhosts and working '/'-redirects.

--
Rob Hartill
Internet Movie Database (www.moviedatabase.com). An Amazon.com company.