httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_vhost_alias.c
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:04:23 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:

>The 'mva' wasn't part of the style, that was just shortening the
>names.  'vhost_alias_server_conf' *gag*. :-)

:-)

Yes, I did spend some time trying to think of a more succinct name for
the module but failed, so the names remained long. I figured it didn't
matter too much because they only appeared a few times, and I prefer
to avoid cryptic names.

>Please come up with short-but-descriptive names for the enum and the
>types, and I'll commit 'em -- but those 24-character names have got
>to go.

Well, IMO vhost_alias_mode is short enough, and vhost_alias_conf is OK
for a module with no per-dir configuration things.

Alternatively, I'd prefer a global replacement of vhost_alias with mva
rather than the not-quite-everything it currently has (e.g. the enum
constants and vhost_alias_set*).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch   dot@dotat.at   fanf@demon.net
Winner, International Obfuscated C Code Competition 1998