httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:14:13 GMT
Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at> writes:
> Aww, my CVS repository is going to look a right mess with Squid 2 in a
> directory called squid-1.2 and Apache 1.4 in a directory called
> apache-1.3 :-)

In my shop we'd call the apache-1.3 repository a "spinoff" as in
apache-2.0 was spunoff of apache-1.3.  I try to get the spinoffs
named things like foo-oct31 and then we refer to them as conversationally
in sentences like "Did you move that patch go into both april fools into
labor day?"  I learned a long time ago to try and avoid naming them
after version numbers.  Colors work just as well, as in apache-red,
apache-blue, etc.  It's also nice because then you can say "Should
red be version 2.0 or should we stick with blue for yet another
quarter?"

 - ben