httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 02:13:39 GMT

I liked skipping the numbers, gives the story a little personality.

I'm not embaressed about skipping numbers.  Being forced into skipping
a number is painful procedurally only because we have to redo a mess
of work and pull the testing fire alarm again.

I've no problem with having the log say "27.7.3 wasn't released.  It
blew up on the loading dock." gives a human quality to the change log
that is sorely lacking in most comercial product change logs.

I will refrain from saying more about this since my affection
for the current practice is entirely based on how I like the
color it gives to the narative and nothing more.

Party on.

 - ben

"...fetid atmosphere of IT execs scurrying around carrying out the
urgent business of the 'information age.'"