httpd-dev mailing list archives

From tvaug...@aventail.com
Subject Re: Allow modules to add libraries
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:03:25 GMT
Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:

[snip]

> Gosh! Slave labour, eh? Well, first off is Greg's RULES, that's an
> obvious one. Also, as Ralf mentioned, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and other settable
> things.
>
> Surely I'm not the only one with ideas for this, though? Perhaps the
> cool thing to do is to look at what everyone does in .modules and see

Does it make sense to be able to specify something like:

        Libs
        CFLAGS
        TargetLibs
        TargetCFLAGS
        ModuleLibs
        ModuleCFLAGS
        SupportLibs
        SupportCFLAGS

Where 'Libs' and 'CFLAGS' would be for all targets. 'TargetLibs' and
'TargetCFLAGS' would be for httpd. 'ModuleLibs' and 'ModuleCFLAGS' would be
for a specific module. 'SupportLibs' and 'SupportCFLAGS' would be for the
support utilities.

-Tom

--
Tom Vaughan <tvaughan at aventail dot com>