httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael H. Voase" <mvo...@midcoast.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache and PVM...
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 01:47:21 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Rad, I'm happy MPM is helping you with this... keep us up to date,
> especially if there's anything else MPM can do to help your
> implementation.
>
> Dean

MPM is helping in a big way . At this stage I cant see
anything that MPM cant do ;). Anyways Ill keep you guys
up to date with the renegade module .

Unfortunately me comment below is incorrect . After
going through the docs a bit further , it was
mentioned in the faq that PVM doesnt simulate
shared interprocessor memory . Damn ...
( the one stop admin sticks though ;)

Cheers Mik.

> On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Michael H. Voase wrote:
>
> > Gday,
> >
> >       I am quietly krufting up me little MPM
> > module for Apache when it has occurred to me that
> > there is a very real benefit of using PVM with
> > Apache . Inter-processor shared memory and one
> > stop adminstration are two nice things for your
> > server farm that could be really handy to have .
> >
> >       Anyone sick of telneting between lots
> > of machines or had an NFS comprimise lately ?
> >
> > Just a couple of thoughts ;)
> >
> > Cheers Mik Voase.
 /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
 | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
 |         |            Phone +612 6567 1227 Fax +612 6567 1449
 |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
 |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Castle Industries - Industrial Strength
Solutions.