httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Sinitambirivoutin <dured...@eurosport.com>
Subject Re: about threads (yes it's an obsession :-)
Date Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:36:20 GMT
> I realise this is probably heresy, but what about using something other
> than Linux? FreeBSD, for example? I'm not saying it will necessarily
> help, but I don't think it has a 512 process limit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

no this isn't heresy ;-)
... but i just can't change of OS like I change shirts ;-)
and my boss (and I ;-) invested a lot in Linux, so i'm not in a position
to use an other OS (besides i'm really not a *BSD expert ;-) Sure linux
isn't perfect (but which OS is ?) but hey i'm using it since 5 years
now, i'm happy with it and since technical happiness is not that
frequent is this job... "Un tien vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras" ("one
yours is better that two you will have") as people say in France ;-)

--
Laurent.D.Sinitambirivoutin
Root of Eurosport Website