httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Sinitambirivoutin <dured...@eurosport.com>
Subject about threads (yes it's an obsession :-)
Date Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:31:28 GMT
hello guys :-)

before bothering you again i've read the docs about linuxthreads
well, under linux threads are "viewed" as processes by the kernel, i
mean they enter in the 512 entries of a regular linux kernel. I still
see this as a weak point because my real problem at eurosport is that I
just can't apache go forking (unless i want my server to kneel down of
course) I thought that threads could solve the problem cuz I believed
they wouldn't be accounted as one of the 512 process allowed... sniff !
So, my question is: will things like apr (for now) and soon mpm will
allow me to sleep well regarding the process limit ??

an other thing: i'm far from being a C-supercoder ;-), and I'm quite
good in perl. If I can be of any help on the project (instead of posting
silly questions ;), please just let me know

--
Laurent.D.Sinitambirivoutin
Root of Eurosport Website