httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Laurent Sinitambirivoutin <dured...@eurosport.com>
Subject Question of a "newbie" ;-)
Date Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:01:17 GMT
hi there !

i've a question i'd dearly like to get an answer...
i've involved myself in new-httpd cuz' i was searching for a
multithreaded apache. Our website is under linux 2.2.1 and has some
problem with the actual organization of apache : way too much processes.
Well I know I should wait for stable v2.0, but I really can't afford to
do so

i've download the nspr port of apache, and compiled it on my workstation
(rh 6, kernel 2.2.5). after some debugging i've made it work fine. So i
transferred the stuff on the website an recompiled it. Note that both
computer use pgcc-2.91.57 19980901.
It compiled just fine but at the execution I get a Segmentation Fault...
I just don't get it : same code, same compiler, same libraries, no
problem at compiling
Maybe its the kernel, but I must admit I'm lost

I've tried to compile it with the -g option (debug info) but gdb keeps
telling there's no debug info in httpd (and anyway i'm not very good at
using gdb, hence the "newbie" word in my subject ;)

So please can anyone help me ?

(i've tried to use the mpm version , but it seems that no module has
been ported to it...)

--
Laurent.D.Sinitambirivoutin
Root of Eurosport Website