httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: PATCH: Allow for greater depth in modules directory
Date Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:11:08 GMT
Ben Hyde wrote:

> A very desirable option.
>
> I have no fear of work proceeding in the 1.3 branch
> at the same time as it proceeds in the 2.0 family.  If
> people don't want to work in the 1.3 branch, then don't.
> I no longer think it is good to try and force a shift of
> labor toward the 2.0 branch, it should attract labor
> on it's merits.

But not shoehorning in possibly destabilising bits right
before our 'last stable release before wholsesale 2.0 work.'
I want to get 1.3.7 out for that reason, and also because
its tag&release is holding up moving the hybrid work into
the 2.0 module.  Let's get a stable 1.3.7 out, move the
hybrid stuff, and *then* let people work on whichever stream
they want.
--
#ken    P-)}