httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mass vhost and MMN
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:18:58 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> You know, I think Ryan's right. I think the mass-vhost change
> requires a major MMN bump, not a minor.

Ryan?  Or Greg?  I think the change in size of a structure
only warrants a major bump if it's a structure modules will
be creating/copying.  I don't know of any modules that do
anything like that with the server_rec; it's always handed
in by pointer.  If anyone can point to a case in which a
module does something like ap_pcalloc(sizeof(server_rec)),
then this is major -- otherwise I think minor covers it.
Doug, Rasmus, do mod_perl or mod_php do this?

> What to do? Reverse the patch? Bump up MMN major and stay 1.3.7?
> Bump up MMN and go to 1.4.0 ?

I don't see a major bump as invalidating the 1.3 series, so
even if it it *is* a major I think we can stay with 1.3.7.
I don't think we want to reverse the patch.
--
#ken    P-)}