httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc Rochat <j...@cybercable.fr>
Subject Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release
Date Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:10:17 GMT

Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >

> > That's why I personally always suggested to not integrate MM into the source
> > tree and instead use it externally as I do it currently. Although it would be
> > very useful to have it in the source tree. But I knew that you and others
> > would argue this way against the Autoconf stuff. But I can only vote -0 for
> > this non-Autoconf approach.
>
> As long as nothing depends on MM, I have no problem with it staying
> a non-official 3rd party "extension" to Apache.

Hi all,

I've been following this list for a while, and this is my first post
here, so forgive me if I'm off-topic.
I'm working for the Java Apache project, and I recently added a mmaped
file as shared memory between mod_jserv(s).
This is part of the official JServ 1.0 distrib.
I decided to go that way because :
- when I started thinking of that I had never heard of RSE's mm.
- later I saw that mm was maybe not providing all the functionnalities
that we needed (we use a regular writeable file for external
management).
- it was not part of standard Apache distrib, not under Apache licence,
and difficult (maybe) to distribute and configure on the client side.
but on the other hand,
- my work is not so portable, and so breaks the Apache philosophy.
So, jserv does not depend on RSE's mm, but sure it will as soon as mm is
supported.

My 0.02 euros

Jean-Luc Rochat
jlrochat@jnix.com