httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: work in progress: mpm-3.tar.gz (fwd)
Date Tue, 22 Jun 1999 05:25:52 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> mpm_pthread_mpmt ?  dunno, your call.  There could be a mpmt model on
> windows now that Bill seems to have figured out how to force windows to
> allow multiple processes to accept() on the same socket.

Wow, take a few vacation days and the world changes while I'm away :-)
Cool
work Dean! Here is what I'm working on (all Win32, unfortunately part
time):
1. Getting the Win32 socket sharing code working on 95/98 (for 1.3.7)
    Almost there...
2. Supporting 16-bit CGIs on Win32  (1.3.7)
    This has turned into a compulsion, really. Who really cares if
Apache
supports 16 bit CGIs?  I think I have a simple two line hack that will
work...
And we can close out those pesky PRs.
3. Win32 MPM (2.0)
    Should be easy given my socket sharing work.
Looking further out... (next couple of months, depending on my schedule)
4. Non-blocking, non-buffering Win32 CGIs (2.0)
5. Exploiting async I/O, completion ports and TransmitFile (2.0)
6. Caching
    Win32 specific file handle cache to use with TransmitFile.

Bill