httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: XML handling, step 2
Date Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:18:35 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> Here is the next in the sequence of XML-handling patches for Apache.
> This isn't a true patch (which needs to update Makefiles, etc). I'm
> simply attaching the three new files that will be part of the patch.

Will this require a major MMN bump?  (I.e., does it change any
existing interfaces?)  Is there a greater-than-nil probability
that it will destabilise the existing build process or server?
Will it cause either/both of the main 3P modules (PHP and Perl)
to have to issue a new release in order to build with the base
package?

If the answer to any of these is "yes," then I'm -1 on this
for pre-2.0..  otherwise I'm +1 on concept.
--
#ken    P-)}