httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Sun Jun 20 23:45:08 EDT 1999
Date Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:59:39 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:
> > Should we deprecate "ServerType inetd" if the next release is 1.4.0?
> >From the "if", I can understand that you still didn't decide what
> will the next release be. I remember that there was a looonnnggg
> discussion about this subject, but I don't remember any decision.

That comment has been in the STATUS file for alooong time, I think.

> Moreover, this dilemma is even not mentioned in the "STATUS"
> messages. Does it mean that the next release is 1.3.7 as it says:
> > 1.3.7-dev: current.  Ken volunteers to be release manager.

No, it means that no-one updated STATUS with the fact of the

> If next release is 1.3.7, then the comment about "ServerType inetd"
> is not relevant and should be removed from the STATUS.

Unless we decide to do it for the 'next release' regardless of
what it is. :-)

> Anyway, we are already 3 months with the same release, so it could
> be good if we at least KNEW the name of the next release.

No argument there.  I continue to strongly believe that the
next release should be 1.3.7, and anything that would justify
a 1.4.0 should NOT go into it, but into 2.0 instead.
#ken  P-)}

Ken Coar                    <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/>
Apache Software Foundation  <>
"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/ASFD/>

View raw message