httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: work in progress: mpm-3.tar.gz (fwd)
Date Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:32:24 GMT
Zeev Suraski wrote:
> It does affect us.  We change the configuration directives for the current
> thread and expect them to take affect when the PHP callback is called;
> Under these restrictions, we can't really do it.

Eeep! But that's just a dodgy thing to do - you should set stuff under
the current request or connection, not change configuration directives.
Clearly, regardless of what is going on with threads, this technique
would be safe. Can't remember if Apache provides appropriate hooks but
if it doesn't it should.

Cheers,

Ben.

--