httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Misspelt protocol version treated as HTTP/1.0?
Date Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:44:04 GMT
Someone pointed out to me that Apache will accept a request
such as

	GET /foo HTTP:/1.0
	<NL>

A little investigation reveals that it will even take this:

	GET /foo HTTP:/1.1
	<NL>

without complaining.  Without delving into the source (which is a
little difficult for me just at the moment), it appears that
we're accepting "HTTP.*" as though it's HTTP/1.0, and only
requiring 1.1 compliance in the request if it exactly matches
"HTTP/(0)*1.(0)*1".

I'm inclined to think this is broken, and that we should pitch
with a 400 anything that doesn't match "HTTP/[0-9]+\.[0-9]+"
for the protocol.  The last time I looked, ":" didn't count
as implied LWSP..

Roy or any other HTTP cops care to comment?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/