httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Allow modules to add libraries
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:28:04 GMT
tvaughan@aventail.com wrote:

> Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:
>
> [snip]
>

> > Gosh! Slave labour, eh? Well, first off is Greg's RULES, that's an
> > obvious one. Also, as Ralf mentioned, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and other settable
> > things.
> >
> > Surely I'm not the only one with ideas for this, though? Perhaps the
> > cool thing to do is to look at what everyone does in .modules and see
>
> Does it make sense to be able to specify something like:
>
>         Libs
>         CFLAGS
>         TargetLibs
>         TargetCFLAGS
>         ModuleLibs
>         ModuleCFLAGS
>         SupportLibs
>         SupportCFLAGS
>
> Where 'Libs' and 'CFLAGS' would be for all targets. 'TargetLibs' and
> 'TargetCFLAGS' would be for httpd. 'ModuleLibs' and 'ModuleCFLAGS' would be
> for a specific module. 'SupportLibs' and 'SupportCFLAGS' would be for the
> support utilities.

Well, possibly, but I think you'll have to say a great deal more about
what "for" means in the various contexts. For example, a library
required by a module has to link in to all modules, so I can't see the
difference between Libs, ModuleLibs and TargetLibs. I find it difficult
to imagine a use for SupportCFLAGS. And so on.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html