httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Allow modules to add libraries
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:42:59 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > > Hmmm... I'll admin that it's a kludge, but it's a useful and
> > > used one :/
> >
> > I did say "ideally" :-)
> >

> Yeah... How about if you write up a "wish list" of the kind of
> functionality you'd like and I'll try to code something up. We'll
> need to maintain backwards compatibility though, but ever onwards
> and upwards :)

Gosh! Slave labour, eh? Well, first off is Greg's RULES, that's an
obvious one. Also, as Ralf mentioned, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and other settable
things.

Surely I'm not the only one with ideas for this, though? Perhaps the
cool thing to do is to look at what everyone does in .modules and see
what we can eliminate.

BTW, no-one answered about docco, which makes me think there isn't
any... I suppose it ought to get at least a brief mention somewhere!

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html