httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:17:47 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:
> 
> I think the changes proposed for 1.3.7 merit a change to 1.4.0. While
> the EAPI stuff seems to be relatively stable, I think that we will
> uncover other problems when placed in more hands. The repository name
> is a problem though. Albiet a minor one.
> 
> +1 for 1.4.0

Are these squeeze-em-in changes (EAPI, mass vhosting, ...) significant
enough to require a new beta cycle?  If yes, then we should probably
do 1.3.7 to get the bug fixes out there, then 1.4b1 to get these
features in, then 1.4.0 when they're there, and then 2.0.  Hmmm..
sounds familiar. :->

If the changes are not big enough to require a beta cycle, then they
should go in now and the release should be called 1.3.7.  If they *are*
so significant, then they should wait until 2.0.  I can't see any
reason why we want to do a 1.4.0 sequence.
-- 
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar                    <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/>
Apache Software Foundation  <http://www.apache.org/>
"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/ASFD/>

Mime
View raw message