httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Allow modules to add libraries
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 19:57:00 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> This teeny patch allows modules to add libraries (long promised in the
> comments in Configure :-)... OK if I commit it?

+1 (concept; see below)

Cool idea. I currently use the following in my libdav.module file:

Name: dav_module
ConfigStart
  LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm $LIBS"
  RULE_EXPAT=yes
ConfigEnd

It would be much nicer to use your new format:

Name: dav_module
Libs: -L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm
ConfigStart
  RULE_EXPAT=yes
ConfigEnd

Now... if we can grep for the RULEs, we'll be really set :-)

I say only "+1 concept" because it looks like you don't handle
*multiple* uses of Libs:. i.e. you don't append stuff to $modlibs. Each
.module file that sets it will overwrite the previous.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/