httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Kegel <>
Subject Re: Linux and Apache performance, Update
Date Fri, 04 Jun 1999 07:44:21 GMT
Alex Belits wrote:
> On 3 Jun 1999, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > In the multiple interfaces case apache has to handle
> > multiple listen sockets with poll - and the current
> > thundering herd fix doesn't work in that situation because
> > that would break old programs.
>   If all interfaces are used for the same server, INADDR_ANY can be used
> instead of multiple sockets. Will thundering herd fix work in that case? says:
"By default, it listens to all addresses on the machine, and to the port
as specified by the Port directive in the server configuration."
As long as the user doesn't use Listen directives, Apache
shouldn't need to use multiple listen sockets, so we should be fine.

BTW, it looks like
doesn't know yet about Unixes with wake-one semantics on new connection
arrival.  Maybe Dean could update it?
- Dan

View raw message