httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Releasing 1.3.7
Date Thu, 03 Jun 1999 19:02:18 GMT
(No-one has demurred, so I'm assuming I'll be RM for 1.3.7.)

I think we should start preparing to roll out 1.3.7.  I'd like
to get it out the door by the end of June, 1999.  We have a couple
of significant fixes to put out there, and this is an essential
step before we can populate the 2.0 module.

I'd like to suggest a modification to the historical release process.
Namely, I'd like to 'freeze' CVS and tag it as 1.3.7b1, build
some tarballs, announce it to the tester lists, and if nothing
crops up in 72 hours, retag it as 1.3.7 and proceed with a normal
rollout.  This way we won't lose 1.3.7 if some critical problem
shows up; we just fix it, reset to 1.3.7b2, and try again.  It
also puts the testers ahead of the release curve, rather than
behind it.  Any comments?

If anyone has any favourite fixes or features they want to get
in for 1.3.7, I recommend getting them in soon.  Please review
any patches noted in the STATUS file and vote, or add any you
notice are missing.
--
#ken    P-)}