httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Lee <eug...@neosoft.com>
Subject Re: standard virtual hosting.. how good?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:48:06 GMT
On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 10:33:15AM -0400, David Harris wrote:
:
[to stat or not to stat]

:How about a three way option for the stat check: off, on,
:only_in_config_check? (And double the amount of descriptive text required
:for this obscure directive...)

Hi all.  This is my first time posting.  Our company handles dozens of
virtual host requests daily, so there is plenty of opportunity for typos
and other changes.  So I like the stat() check.  But since there's been
so much attention about the startup time, how about a directive like so:

	DocumentRootCheck

	Syntax: DocumentRootCheck keyword
	Default: DocumentRootCheck enabled
	Context: server config, virtual host

where 'keyword' is:

	enabled	...	- current behavior
	disabled	- never

and '...' may be one or more optional keywords:

	start		- only on startup
	restart		- only on restarts
	gracefulrestart	- only on graceful restarts
	config		- only during ./httpd -t

Just my two cents.

--
Eugene Lee