httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject poll by multiple threads at once
Date Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:28:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 02:47:06PM -0400, Me at IBM wrote:
>   If SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT is active, multiple threads are
>   allowed to call poll() at the same time, with the same pollfd array.
>   The only solution Manoj can think of right now is to have one pollfd
>   array per thread, or to just always require serialization (bleh on
>   both counts).

Actually, is poll called simultaneously by multiple on the same pollfd
array actually a problem. I'd think there's a reasonable chance that
either the libc/kernel would serialize for us if necessary, or that
two different threads writing to the pollfd array at once wouldn't
actually cause a problem because they'd be writing the same data.

"I am J. D. Falk, Sysadmin. I own a web-server and a LART." - Jeff Mercer