httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: standard virtual hosting.. how good?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:46:30 GMT
David Harris wrote:

> How about a three way option for the stat check: off, on,
> only_in_config_check? (And double the amount of descriptive text required
> for this obscure directive...)

LOL

A config test is a config test. If people want to avoid it because
it takes too long to really check things out, then that's their
right. I seriously doubt that advanced webmasters actually use
apachectl as it is, but simply 'kill' the server directly (or
have a home-brewed version that does things like setting up a
small ENV, so it's easy to simply remove the -t test when restarting
the server). I would prefer another variant of -t that decides
whether to do the stat or not. In fact, maybe I'll just do that.