httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Moving the mpm files from modules/mpm_whatever to modules/mpm/whatever
Date Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:57:32 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> > I think the EAPI patch, if it's commited, would warrant such a change.
>
> If you think it is the case that the EAPI patch warrants such a change,
> then you are saying that it is a major thing that has a high probability
> of introducing bugs in unrelated things and requires a significant
> investment to get to a point where it is ready for a release.
>
> If it is such a thing, then I really have to question how wise it is to
> try to just slip it in and exactly what the reasons are for doing so.

Forget it. Just forget it. I said, and I'll repeat myself one more
time, that the reason why is because of the ADDING CAPABILITY it
provides would be reason. And whether we call it 1.3.7, 1.4.0
or 4.5.32 it does change what the f*ck EAPI _is_ and _what it does_.
So saying that we can add EAPI as long as we stay 1.3.7 because
that means nothing major has changed and we're as safe as shit, but,
by gum, we can't call ourselves 1.4.0 after adding EAPI because
NOW we've introduced major concerns is bogus.