httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support suexec.c
Date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:06:36 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > Does the policy state that a change in sizeof(server_rec) implies a major
> > bump?
>
> Nope.  Inserting elements into the middle does, though.
> Stuff at the end (as we've done numerous times with the
> module structure) is just a minor bump.

hmmm... from ap_mmn.h:

/*
 * MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR
 * Major API changes that could cause compatibility problems for older modules
 * such as structure size changes.  No binary compatibility is possible across
 * a change in the major version.
 *
 * MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR
 * Minor API changes that do not cause binary compatibility problems.
 * Should be reset to 0 when upgrading MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR.
 *
 * See the MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST macro below for an example.
 */

The notes specifically mention size changes... Either we need to bump
major or edit these comments :)