httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: threaded apache question
Date Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:51:14 GMT
On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 02:33:53PM -0700, Tani Hosokawa wrote:
> found one like this:
>
> #0  0x400e02de in __select ()
> #1  0x21 in ?? ()
> #2  0x806c57e in write_with_errors ()
> #3  0x806c64d in bcwrite ()
> #4  0x806cad5 in ap_bwrite ()
> #5  0x807b8d6 in ap_send_mmap ()

The "??" is probably sendwithtimeout. As you've described, it's
hanging on the socket.

> found several like this:
>
> #0  0x400e54f4 in __syscall_writev ()
> #1  0x401096cc in __DTOR_END__ ()
> #2  0x806c401 in writev_it_all ()
> #3  0x806c825 in large_write ()
> #4  0x806c8f1 in ap_bwrite ()
> #5  0x807b8d6 in ap_send_mmap ()

ditto

> In all cases, when I tried to quit and disconnect from gdb it hung and I
> had to ^Z, then kill explicitly.  One was in the second state and had a
> second thread in that processes, which I attempted to attach to but
> couldn't... it just hung.

I've had problems with gdb and threads before, at least with kernel &
glibc 2.0.

> > Also, what is MaxRequestsPerChild set to? I haven't seen any
> > MaxRequestsPerChild bugs in the code lately, but some could still be
> > lurking.
>
> 10000, so nothing ought to be going awry there...

Hmmmmm...

You said you had problems under 1.3 also? I'm not sure what to say if
this is the same problem. If you change that 10000 to something like
10^7, does this occur less frequently?

Also, which kernel and glibc are on this machine?

I realize I'm not being very helpful here. :)

"I'm sorry if this is not the right word, but I learned English on Usenet."
  -- Miguel de Icaza, Linux Expo '98