httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.7/1.4.0 Release
Date Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:16:39 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> In article <199906211353.JAA25467@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
>
> > There's a few patches that are "supposed" to be commited. There's the
> > mass-vhosting one and Ralf's EAPI for example. Ralf's 'mm' would be
> > nice but we'd need to have it fit into the source since it's
> > autconf driven right now :(
> >
> > Unless someone else adds the vhost one, I'll do it late tonight.
>
> I'll work on EAPI integration perhaps tomorrow.  Why is the Autoconf stuff of
> MM a problem, Jim?  For inclusion of MM into the source tree all we have to do
> is to strip the MM distribution to the essential files and call it's configure
> script as "cd src/lib/mm && configure >configure.log 2>&1" in src/Configure
> plus a few failure-checks after it and a " + configuring MM (please be
> patient)" before.  That should be ok.

Hmmmm.... I'm thinking that having the mm source do it's own
configuration is a layer of complexity we don't need. Most of
what it needs to do and determine we already know. Not only
that but it opens up that script to porting concerns (some GNU
configure scripts blow up on some shells with "small" input
buffers).

I think if we put it in 1.3.7/1.4.0 we should have it use what we've
already provided. When we do 2.0, and if we use autoconf there, then
it makes sense but right now I'm not sure.