httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Uwe Mager <...@helios.de>
Subject Re: LDFLAGS_SHLIB troubles
Date Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:42:21 GMT
On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 06:48:18PM -0400, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> We are currently assuming that the LDFLAGS_SHLIB we use for building
> stuff from the Apache source tree can also be used to build stuff outside
> the source tree.  For example, in the Configure script we currently have:
>
>  LDFLAGS_SHLIB="$LDFLAGS_SHLIB -bI:\$(SRCDIR)/support/httpd.exp"
>  LDFLAGS_SHLIB="$LDFLAGS_SHLIB -bE:\`echo \$@|sed -e 's:\.so\$\$:.exp:'\`"
>
> which is rather bogus for an apxs build.  Basically for external modules
> to build, this needs to look something like:
>
>     -bI:@libexecdir@/httpd.exp -bE:@libexecdir@/httpd.exp

Uhm, why do you need to export as well as import the same set of
symbols? I would believe the httpd core needs -bE... and any DSO needs
the -bI... stuff. As I am not that familar with the configure stuff I
always copied the httpd.exp file into my installed include directory
and hacked the apxs by hand.

> Now, I can fix this by either mungeing LDFLAGS_SHLIB before the sec in
> src/support/Makefile.tmpl, or I can introduce an LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXTERNAL
> variable and populate that everywhere in src/Configure.
>
> Anybody have an opinion on which way to go, or better yet, a cleaner
> approach?

I would believe a LDFLAGS_DSO_EXTERNAL would do it, one might need a
different set of flags for DSO's and shared libraries.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3